Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM Empty
PostSubject: MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM   MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 am

On sunday 12th march an impromtu comp was arranged and both Merit 1 with a full crew of Skip Bridson, 1st mate Lee Graham, His Father and 3rd rate Chippy Cowin ( 3rd mate SORRY!!!!!!),and Kirsty 111 with Skip Emery, geust crewman Barry Dulson and the mate you love to hate ME set off for our 1st comp of this year.
MERIT 1 LOOKING GOOD BACK IN THE WATER
MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM 100_0022
Just for the record this was just a freindly comp for the single largest edible fish,both boats headed south for the Launce mark , where none was found .Next we set off out to the southern Ling mark where once more the fishing it has to be said was crap.

It was at this point that the two boats went their separate ways for a while with Kirsty111, heading further south to the Haddock mark ,whilst Merit 1 headed towards Port st Mary and the sheddings mark.

The only thing caught at the Haddock mark was one solitary Whiting which was well under size so K3 headed for the Wart Bank in search of Launce.Launce were found but not in great quantities so it was off back to the Pollack mark at Castletown.

First drop and Barry was into a nice Cod which wieghed in at 3lb.3ozs back at shore. Pollack came steadily but there was no great monsters among them although several good bites were missed by all three anglers.Merit 1 came and joined us saying that they had caught Ling and Cod with the Cod wieghing in at 3lb 10ozs .

Micheal and i's battle raged even more as by the end of the day we had very similar looking sized Pollack and it had to be decided back on dry land on the scales. Micheals wieghed in at 4lb.04.75,whilst mine wieghed in 1/2 an oz lighter so he is now £5 up on the year. (Make the most of it).However the competition was won fare and square by Merit 1 whose largest fish was a Pollack weighing in at 4lb .07ozs so congratulations to them on taking the money on the day.

The big mistake made by both crews was that nobody took a single picture of their Cod, which is the fish of the month with a voucher worth £10 for ALLROUND FISHING, of BALLAQUAYLE ROAD, DOUGLAS. Plenty of time left though for fish to be caught.

Just a foot note this, i will make it perfectly clear that all fish that are entered into any of the monthly comps have to have a Manx Boatfishing verification card for 2012 in it and must be posted in the correct forum on this site and not on facebook (NO EXCEPTIONS or I'MTO THICK TO DO IT CRAP) Thumbs Down . Thumbs Up

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
fishemmo

fishemmo

PostSubject: Re: MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM   MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 am

thanks for another pound jamie do you want to swap the five coins for a nice paper note ? or shall we wait till its a tenner ROFL! ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM   MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 am

no chance of it getting that far ,the fish are coming and my £'s are coming home Buzzin

Admin316
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM   MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MERIT 1 BACK ON TOP FORM

View previous topic View next topic Back to top