Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

KIRSTY III AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

KIRSTY III  AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!! Empty
PostSubject: KIRSTY III AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!!   KIRSTY III  AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 am

A 9 o clock start wasthe order of the day with the intention of going out to a nice wreck on the hunt for Ling. With bait gathered at the back of douglas head along with Merit 1 collecting a couple of squid we went down to Port Grennaugh to see about some Bream. No Bream was caught by either boat and the fishing it has to be said was crap. A few Cuckoo Wrasse,Dog Fish and Calig were caught along with a couple of sizeable Codling.

The wind got up a little more quickly that had been thought and this put pay to both boats pushing off shore, so it was decided to head back towards Douglas bay and see if there was more squid to be had. Kirsty 111 had a drift over the Afton wreck on route but to no avail so Douglas bay it was. not a lot was doing here either apart from a couple of Cod one of which i gave to skip emmo for his tea.

It was at this point it looked like an early finish when a call was heard of the Douglas dive boat had enghine failure off clay Head with divers still in the water and the boat was drifting in towards the rocks. Micheal spun the boat round and Turned into Thunderbird11 and as he bounced through the waves i got all the rods away. On our arrival at the scene we asked if all divers in the water were ok and they were, as another pleasure craft from douglas attended to them we took the dive boat in tow and awaited the arrival of Douglas coast guard. When they had taken control of the stranded dive boat we left the scene and headed back to the back of Douglas break water.

We had one last go at trying for Mackerel which proved to be fruitless apart from the fact that micheal finnally caught a nice Squid. We decided at this point to call it a day and came back into port. Not the best days fishing that we have ever had, but at least we did manage to get a day afloat and that was worth some thing.

We did here that the crew of Trampie did manage a single Black Bream and i had a phone call off the Skipper of King fisher11 who in formed me that they had,had a great days fishing catching Spur dogs all day and weighing one on boat they reckoned it to be at the 20lb mark silentKIRSTY III  AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!! 34092.

There were plenty of small craft out on sunday and i for one had not seen so many for along time,but then its not very often that i do inshore fishing ,point made .not pics as not one of the fish caught was really worth it.

Jamie316.
Back to top Go down
Gazzamanx
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Gazzamanx

PostSubject: Re: KIRSTY III AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!!   KIRSTY III  AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:50 am

We aboard merit 1 had some ok fishing with loads of mackerel,(so the old freezer is well stocked for the long winter), plenty of sandeels were present along with some small Calig, a few sizable small codling, gernards,dogFish, and plenty of squid were also Landed for some of our sea food loveing families oh and the odd spurdog thrown in for luck from The middle of the bay.
Ask long as were catching something we ate happy!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KIRSTY III AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!!   KIRSTY III  AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:54 am

Nice one Gazz.
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KIRSTY III AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!!   KIRSTY III  AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KIRSTY III AND MERIT 1 GO FISHING !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top