Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 Empty
PostSubject: SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111   SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:18 pm

The sun was shining so there was only one thing to do and that was get out on the boat for a full days fishing. So with a bridge lift at 10.15am Kirsty 111 left Douglas harbour here in the Isle of Man for a full days species hunting with Skipper Michael Emery and my good self.

First order of the day was to catch some fresh Mackerel and launce to accompany the rest of the baits for the day which included Crab, Lug Worm,Razor Fish and small Sand Eels.

The Launce and the Mackie were not hard to find at the back of Douglas Head and so we were soon on our way to our 1st mark with me preparing the four rods with the terminal tackle required for the wreck we were going to call at. Once there we were straight into fish with doubles and treble of fish being caught although for the most part they were only Coal Fish and Pollock.

The decision was quickly made with this in mind to move on to our next mark where we were hoping to catch some Haddock, Michael managed to get a single and later on a double of them, but these were the only three that we saw. Apart from a few Pollock appearing at this mark there was a great lack of fish here so we quickly moved to our 3rd mark which proved to be a good choice as it fished its socks off and gave us the rest of our days sport.

It has to be said though at this point in time Michael was leading the species hunt by 7-4 and and looked as if he was going to give me a right roasting, but as we all know fishing can turn very quickly.

on this mak we fished small baited feathers on one rod and all sorts of combinations on the other including 2up 1down rigs, along with 3 up boom rigs and not forgeting our "Pink Deadly" rigs which did catch most of the cod and Ling at this mark.

It was at this stage that the hunger kicked-in so i went into the galley and got the bacon and Eggs baps on the go all washed down with hot coffeeand it was straight back to the job in hand.

I pulled a couple of species backon Michael with a Cod and ling only for him to extend his lead to 10-7 with him catching a Ballan Wrasse along side Ling and Cod. I kept changing rigs and bait and i eventually drew level at 10-10 with me catching the only Pouting of the day. Michael however being the tenacious terrier that he is pulled out a Poor Cod and a Dogfish to take a 12-10 lead which was a good as it got.

the days fishing had been a good one on the whole with 10 Ling with the best being around the 5lb mark, and more than a Dozen Cod being caught of which some were kept for our families table, with the best of about the 4lb mark, with the rest being safely returned to fight another day. Plenty of pollock and Coalfish about, but it seems that none of out larger species seem to have arrived yet in the form of SpurDogs and Tope.

When all was done and dusted Michael was the winner of our famous £1 pool and in all we caught 13 different species between us and lots of them.

This is a list of what we caught.

COD, WHITING,LING,POUTING,POOR COD,DOG FISH,HADDOCK,LAUNCE,MACKEREL,COAL FISH,CUCKOO WRASSE, BALLAN WRASSE & POLLOCK.

Here are a few pictures of our days fishing.

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 004-4

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 006-4

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 007-2

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 011-1

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 013-2

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 008-2

Admin316  SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111 2232728206
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .

SUNDAY 25/05/14 OUT ON KIRSTY 111

View previous topic View next topic Back to top