Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER Empty
PostSubject: SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER   SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:55 am

Well i was asked if i wanted to go for an impromtu Mackie hunt today by Michael Emery of Kirsty 111, just to get some frozen down for the winter competitions.

We went round the back of Douglas Head and we were straight amonst them with some good sized ones being taken. We were doing long drifts which took us from the toll Gates to half-way accross the bay.

If it had been a nicer day then some of the Mackerel would have been perfect lip-hooked live bait for Tope. However the day was getting worse instead of better so the mackerel were landed to be taken away for freezing while we headed back out into Douglas Bay for the last hour or so before we had to get back past the flap gate.

I managed to catch to small Codling which skip emmo claimed for his tea, we both had a nice Bull Huss along with several Dogfish and Red Gurnards. In total we had 6 species each and given that all we both fished with was a set of Mackie feathers each was not bad.
Species caught were: Mackie, Launce, Dogfish,Cod,Red Gurnard and Bull Huss, here are a couple of pictures.

SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 010

SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 013

SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 011

Admin316 SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2232728206 
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .

SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER

View previous topic View next topic Back to top