Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

tr1's saturday sail

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TR1

TR1

tr1's saturday sail Empty
PostSubject: tr1's saturday sail   tr1's saturday sail Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 8:57 am

up bright and early to get everything ready for the day's fishing trip aboard tr1, after faffing around getting bait out of the freezer because of the 11th hour decision to go i set off for derbyhaven to get a few fresh lug worms, bad idea No as i drove onto the grass area i thought was still frozen but you guessed it, it was'nt so i got stuck pale .
after a quick phone call to by brother a went and got the worms while i waited for my tow out Very Happy , got the fuel and then hitched boat trailer up , went through the usual drill, is the bung in etc, launched at 10.45 from port st mary slip Very Happy , there was hardly a soul around set the gps for the manchester and started the 13.4 mile trip which took about 30 mins at 25 knots as the sea was so flat, christ that was a cold run i can tell you No .
there was a good run on as we did the first drift and there was not a lot showing on the fishfinder Question , spent half an hour there whith very little to show for it scratch so i set the gps for the grinder hopefully there would be bigger coalies, but sadly there was not alot there either Fishin In The Cold , so it was then off to the vivid and the florence on the trip back toward the island, yet again there was very little out there, so i then ended up at the warts to see a boat at anchor scratch don,t know who they were, well to end this story it was a cold and fruitless day , but the weather was fantastic although a little cold.
i hope that all who went out today faired better, but i had been wanting to test the wrecks in winter for a long time and now i know not to bother with that for a long time, at least the engine got a good run and it purred all day flawlessly cheers
see when the weather warms up and the fish return,good luck to all, oh by the way the biggest fish weighed approx 4lb ( coalie ) White Flag
Back to top Go down

tr1's saturday sail

View previous topic View next topic Back to top