Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Gemini Summer League 3, 17/5/2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
3legsofman

3legsofman

Gemini Summer League 3, 17/5/2011 Empty
PostSubject: Gemini Summer League 3, 17/5/2011   Gemini Summer League 3, 17/5/2011 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:16 am

This was the first time out since the last trip, which ended up as a draw. Looking forward to a good role over from the previous two trips, we were left disappointed to find out that the skip wasn't gonna pay it out this week as we were down on numbers and a few of the regulars were missing!
We headed to the bait ground at the chasms, all straight into mackerel and herring. I managed to sneak through the bait fish and sneak out a Coalie, then followed quickly by a Sandeel, which proved crucial as know one else could find one Rolling Eyes Disaster struck for Graham Newsome, his Shimano Torium 14 spat the ghost as he got hit by 4 big jokey mackerel??? He had to borrow a reel of the skip, some old battered reel half loaded with crap mono lol.
We moved out a bit from the Chasms to drift onto some cod hopefully, John Payton quickly found a couple of small codling. Things were difficult as we were nearly drifting 2 knots over the rough ground and a few rigs were lost Embarassed. John Sutton then found a ling and then quickly followed by a spawned Tub Gurnard ! The drift carried us over to the reefs at Perwick in no time. Straight in, me and Paddy Croft started hitting into some plump Codlings up to 3 1/2lb, Graham couldn't connect with any fish and was crying to the skip that his mono was too stretchy ROFL! lost several rigs in the process.
My self, John Payton and Micheal Kinnish were picking up some ling too along with Callig and a couple of Cuckoo Wrasse.
We decided to move into the plaice mark to try and get of the strong tide, little happened accept for a Dogfish for Micheal, which shot him put him upto 6 species, 2 behind me who was stuck on 8. With this we moved back over the reefs at Perwick, which allowed John Sutton to hit a purple patch, he got his Coalie, then his Cod to take him to 7, all he needed was a Cuckoo to draw with me and stop me taking the pool. I ,as usual got stuck and lost my trace with 5 minutes to go, and Sutty got his Cuckoo Wrasse!
The skip and crew then willed him on to try for a sandeel and take the victory in the last 3 minutes, I had a trace on the gunnel, which was quickly thrown down to the bottom in desperation and released loads of line to leave it on the bottom as we drifted down the tide at 1.8knots! Sutty couldn't find his sandeel and just as the skip went to call all out, fish on, got a dogfish to make it 9 and take victory lol Cup Winner .
Back to top Go down
http://www.manninanglingclub.co.uk .
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

Gemini Summer League 3, 17/5/2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gemini Summer League 3, 17/5/2011   Gemini Summer League 3, 17/5/2011 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:35 am

Nice result that Cam well done ,and thanks for the great report Thumbs Up

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .

Gemini Summer League 3, 17/5/2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top