Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Empty
PostSubject: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:14 am

[i]with conditions just right Kirsty 111 set off from douglas harbour at 9.45 am and headed straight out to the 6 mile mark for the start of todays fishing .MichealEmery and i decided that we were going to have a species hunt with no size limits due to the time of year.

On arrival at the mark the anchor was quickly despatched and we were fishing straight away. first fish of the day was whiting on both sides but on his second cast and retrieval Micheal had a dab in the middle of his trace to take a narrow lead. On my next retrival i brought up a grey gurnard and Micheal had a small codling which made it 3-2.You could see the £ signs rolling round in his eyes already,but on my next cast i had another grey gurnard and a herring which made it 3-3 and not long after Micheal made it 4-3 with a grey gurnard of his own.This was about as good as it got here apart from Micheal hooking into a seagull which i dealt with as Micheal was filling his face with yet another of my fresh cooked bacon and egg baps .

The anchor was raised and it was off southwards to the launce mark to get bait for the pollack in castletown bay.Launce were very plentyful and in no time we had a good 30,so off we went . On our arrival our southern cousins were there looking for bream but they only stayed a short time before they headed off towards Port St Mary. Micheal had several pollack here but the were few and far between,but this made the score 6-4.

With Castletown not fishing its best i was decided to headout to the Liverpool wreck in seach of WELL fish.The first drift did not produce anything but after that a steady supply of both coalies and pouting were taken to make it 8-6 to Micheal, however he got a bonus fish for this location at this time of year in the form of a red gurnard which made the final score 9-6 to Micheal (weldone,this makes him £2 up for the year so far ).

Although we did not think that it was a very good days fishing as it was very hard going we did manage to get our tally into double figures and the full list is as follows:
Codling
Herring
Grey Gurnard
Red Gurnard
Dab
Pollack
Coalie
Launce
Pouting
Whiting.
Therefore with fore thought i think that we did not have such a bad day after all, not many pictures were taken as there was no record breakers amonst them.
Micheal with his Dab
GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL 100_0004
My Herring
GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL 100_0005
Micheal's gull foul hooked
GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL 100_0007

Admin316
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
fishemmo

fishemmo

PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 am

thanks for another pound jamie think its going to be my year Drink to that
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:51 am

Early days yet as you know , enjoy it while it lasts, you know it won't, thanks for the days fishing ,we got one more spicies than we thought and got into double figures,not bad,pity we could not find the bream in castletown but then again niether did our southern cousins Thumbs Down , it was juan clauges boat that landed 5 of them Thumbs Up .

Admin316 Drink to that
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 am

I put this report on face book for an experiment,funny how some will coment on there but not on here about how our day went. MIGHT ASWEL SHUT THE SITE DOWN . White Flag

Admin316
Back to top Go down
Gazzamanx
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Gazzamanx

PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:32 am

A little birdy told me that Jamie nearly fell in when trying to tie the boat up. Is there any truth in this and can they elaborate. Something about bagging/ hurting his arm etc etc
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:00 am

I was pulling another boat that we were tied up to so that we could climb up the ladder , as I pulled US close to it i slipped on the boats new paint job and had 2 choices , jump for the ladder or risk going in and getting crushed . No brainer really , better a sore hand than losing another fu*king camera, Got skip in a bit of a panic though,i think he thought that his 1st mate was a goner.
ROFL!
Admin316
Back to top Go down
fishemmo

fishemmo

PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:22 am

ha ha at lest you had paid me your pound ! what are you going to do next trip thats two things in two trips Doh! life is never dull when you are on the boat ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:24 am

would you have it any other way????,at least i stick my hand in pocket !!!!

Admin316
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL   GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY FOR MICHEAL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top