Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Empty
PostSubject: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:51 am

Four boats and twelve anglers set off from douglas harbour in a race to get to their favorite spots in laxey bay in the 1st of our two rays comps for this year.The weather was warm although there was a strong breeze and the state of sea was slightly choppy .however we all got to our marks and started to fish for bait before the official start time of 6pm . Plenty of mackie were caught and on the stroke of 6pm big baits were hurtling to the ocean floor .
With all boats putting their anchors down it was felt that this might be a tough comp to win .Corrie "c" was in a slight bit of trouble when there anchor did not hold the 1st time but this was soon rectified ,it was then my own boat Bones whose anchor slipped and i failed to set it for the rest of the night although the 1st drift produced a thornback ray for cameron which was his 1st ever one. Corrie "c"'s skip Dave Christian also pulled up his 1st ever thorny,whilst wicked hens Peter Moore pulled in his 1st ever spotted ray which we wieghed in at just on 2lb.

Merit 1 not one to be left out also caught a ray and so did the W/hens Steve Quilliam having his 1st outing since selling his own boat Sherolyn 11.One of Merit 1's crew had so it was obserbed been quite busy dealing with several birds nests ,quite how you get them on a boat i don't know ,but in recent weeks Micheal Cowin is not the only one eh Gary .

I between the dreaded waiting game Cam and i managed to catch between us grey gurnards ,whiting doggies and more mackie which in the end were a Bl**dy nuisance .Time up and the race was on to get back for the wiegh-in and to see who had got what or not .

Back on dry land i got the scales out and we recorded that Pete Moores spotted ray was 2lb , Merit 1 saw the size of one of the thorny's and did not wiegh there fish in ,Steve Quilliam wieghed his fish in off the Wicked Hen and that tipped the scales at 4lb.11.25ozsto take third place .

Corrie "c"'s skip Dave Christian put his thorny on the scales and it wieghed -in at 8lb.14.125ozs ,this left Bones crewman Cameron Sayle to put his thorny on the scales and this wieghed in at 9lb.11.75ozs.

I would like to say weldone to the three anglers who broke their ducks last night and a big thanks to all that turned up and although conditions were not perfect the comp was full of good humour our normal ammount of p*ss taking by all . The next mid-week comp is on the 13th july fishing 6pm til 10pm and is another ray comp but in the Douglas area ,entry fee is £5 per head and all boats and anglers will be made most welcome ,book in at 5pm .
I am sorry that i have no pictures .but Cam has tried to e-mail them to me and i for some reason am having trouble recieving them .If i get round this i will of course edit them into the report .

RESULTS OF THE 2011 1ST RAY COMP:

1ST ) CAMERON SAYLE 9LB .11.75 OZS FISHING ON "BONES"

2ND) DAVID CHRISTIAN 8LB.14.125 OZS FISHING ON CORRIE "C".

3RD) STEVE QUILLIAM 4LB.11.25 OZS FISHING ON WICKED HEN.

JAMIE316.
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Potsymoore

Potsymoore

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 am

Good report as always Jamie.
I must say you are normally a bit quicker at posting the results and reports (sometimes amazingly quick) and I could only put this down to the fact that you must be prancing around at the Elton John Moony concert but thankfully you've proved me wrong!
No, that'll just be nice boy Quilliam then!!
Buzzin
Back to top Go down
Gazzamanx
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Gazzamanx

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 am

Fishemmo is there Drink to that
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:09 am

I have been waiting for cam to e-mail me the pics of last night ,but i am not recieving them . I have told him to put them into the gallery and then i will download them into the report ,that is the only reason for the dely.

By the way stevie is being joined by david "EMMO" furniss ,gay boys husband

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Elton-John-and-David-Furnish
And the caption goes ,

BET THE BOYS ON MBF DON'T RECOGNISE US STEVIE BOY

J316.
Back to top Go down
3legsofman

3legsofman

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 am

My fault for the anchor, my fault for the pictures Suspect.............Having a bit of a problem with getting the pictures on, think because the pics are in HD or something like that, they are taking an age to load. Gonna see if I can change the pixels of them ???
Only 4 pics anyway, was a bit busy to take pics lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.manninanglingclub.co.uk .
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:32 am

If any one apart from Cam has pics then please e-mail them to me at

jamie316@manx.net

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
Gazzamanx
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Gazzamanx

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 am

chippy took a load of pics mate , chase him up
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:41 am

We want fishing related pics not photos of "birds nests" 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . 843720

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . 843720

admin316.
Back to top Go down
Gazzamanx
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Gazzamanx

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:45 am

what about pictures of boats drifting out of bounds
Back to top Go down
Potsymoore

Potsymoore

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 am

Or Namibian wives Shhh!
Back to top Go down
Potsymoore

Potsymoore

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:50 am

Sorry that was way out of bounds......
......not my comment about Chipie.... Jamie's boat!! ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 am

No boats were out of bounds but if you keep "HITTING " there could be retrobutions ,short memery there lad .

j316.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:53 am

I am refering to you Gary ,

admin316
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:58 am

Always remember that there are two rules to all of this :

1) i may not always be right ,but i am in charge .

2) when i am wrong REFER TO RULE 1.

ADMIN316.
Back to top Go down
Gazzamanx
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Gazzamanx

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:00 am

recieved over
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:05 am

Theres a good boy ,you know it makes sense in the long run, as Basil Brush used to say BOOM-BOOM Mr gary sir

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
fishemmo

fishemmo

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:05 am

was gfoing to reply to this but was a good night !
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:09 am

Night night Micheal ER sorry david 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . 843720

Elton
Back to top Go down
ManxAngler

ManxAngler

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:11 am

The boats set off from Douglas with Merit 1 leading the way and Corrie C in it's wake :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp010

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp015

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp015

All 4 boats then anchored up pretty much in a line :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp021

But not for long. It soon became apparent that something was not right with Bones as her anchor failed to halt the jetski from drifting in the tide ROFL!

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp068

Bones slowly drifted off into the distance :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp040

Amazingly Cam, onboard Bones, managed to land his comp winning thornback on this first 'drift'. Here she is coming aboard :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . CamSkate

Bones continued to drift towards Ramsey and was soon on the verge of a different time zone ! She can just be seen to the left of the right hand rod :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp046

In danger of bumping into the Queen's Pier Bones upped anchor and came back to re-set the anchor :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp070

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp069

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp067

Skipper Jamie even had time to gesture towards the crew of Merit1 who were concerned for the health of those onboard Bones having to haul the anchor so many times Moony

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp054

There was also time for a spot of fishing and the Merit1 crew member who had luck on his side was myself. Lee and Paul cleared the doggies out of the way giving me free reign to pull in some nice fish.

An nice tope :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp056

Followed soon afterwards by a double figure huss :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . BullHuss

Then on the very last drop a small thornback ray :

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp011

It was then time for the flatter than expected trip back to Douglas and the weigh in.

Sorry Cam I haven't got a photo of you with your skate....................................................but here's one of me with it and my little fella ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . SkateComp072

Thanks to Admin for another very well run comp and good banter was had by all.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks very much for the photos micheal ,good actoin pics alround,great story told aswel ,NOT TRUE ,but good story any way ,BONES obviously applied the correct tactics on the night due to the fact that it only took one drift to collect the winning fish 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Bunny-big-grin-smile

Thanks again Micheal Cowin

Admin316
Back to top Go down
sherolyn

sherolyn

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:55 pm

I have to say the gay boy did good, and i dont mean davids first ray. Elton john night absolutely fantastic, only reason gazza didnt go is he couldnt wangle a complimentry ticket and would have to pay for a ticket Embarassed to tight to pay
Back to top Go down
Gazzamanx
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Gazzamanx

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:49 pm

I actually had to work for a change last night. Suppose we all have to somedays
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:43 am

Some one had to earn a crust to pay for the fuel eh Gazz .

J316.
Back to top Go down
3legsofman

3legsofman

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:12 am

Sorry about the pics! Managed to put them on facebook easy enough scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.manninanglingclub.co.uk .
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:33 am

No probs cam i have them off Micheal in my photo bucket album ,check out woodys site and angling addicts for more pics

j316.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .   1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE  1ST'S . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1ST MID-WEEK COMP GETS THREE 1ST'S .

View previous topic View next topic Back to top