Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

AND THE JACK DOUGLAS AWARD GOES TO ?????????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

AND THE JACK DOUGLAS AWARD GOES TO ????????? Empty
PostSubject: AND THE JACK DOUGLAS AWARD GOES TO ?????????   AND THE JACK DOUGLAS AWARD GOES TO ????????? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:33 am

Saturday 28th jan Kirsty 111 with 4 keen anglers on board of Skip Emmo , 1st mate Admin and 2 of Merit 1's crew skip Bridson and 1st mate Lee Graham set off from douglas and headed south towards castletown. stopping off to catch sand eels on the way . This proved to be a none starter as i caught the only one, and yes a picture with v/c card was taken .

The decision was made to go straight out to the haddock mark where once more this proved to be barren.No time was wasted in deciding to head back into the castletown bay marks. Calig were caught by by all (eventually) but none were of massive propotions. Two ling were also caught the largest belonging to Skip Bridson.

It was at this point that 3/4 porpoises appeared at the stern of the boat and with that Jack (Admin) Douglas of carry on fame put in an appearance, grabbing his new camera he tried to take pictures only for his rod start to bend over , What happened next was classic Jack douglas with a whey,whey wheeyhay and a juggleing act like no other the camera flipped out of his hand and dissappeared down into the depths of castletown bay.

The mood on the boat was mixed with 1) the hilarity of the juggling act and the fact that i had to go home and tell the missus that i had lost my xmas pressie.Skip bridson was quick off the mark and had a new camera ordered up quick as a flash through the aid of modern technology.

The fishing continued and although the fishing was not good coalies decided to come thick and fast for a short time . We decided to head back towards Douglas and stop at Port grennaugh on the way to see if there was any cod about ,no luck here either so we headed for our home port .

Not the most productive of fishing days but it was nice to get out on a calm day after all the rough weather we have had to endure in recent months.

Gary with his pool winning fish,a Ling of 5lb.3ozs,which was caught on MY launce .

AND THE JACK DOUGLAS AWARD GOES TO ????????? Photo-3

Admin316
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .

AND THE JACK DOUGLAS AWARD GOES TO ?????????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top