Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

JUST FOR FUN .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:03 am

I was going to go and fish a boat comp at the mannin angling club today but got a call off Camron to tell me it was too rough !!!!, well i went out any way on my own boat bones to see if i could catch fresh Mackie in ordert to freeze down for the winter . The sea was a little lumpy but the waether on the whole was terrific ,sun shining and although the wind was from the east I did not think it was blowing too bad although the only other fishing boat to venture out did so for 1/2 an hour and then darted back in to port .
JUST FOR FUN . Image0144
Any way Mackie was my main target for this little session and although they did not come thick and fast they came at a steady rate . It was made harder by the fact that it was hunt ,hunt hunt all the way for the mackie ,no one drift was the same or productive so i was acctually having to fish for them .
With having to vary the drifts at the start of one of them the tackle had just reached the bottom when i got the distinctive rattle of cod .I had this for the next four drift starts and although all cod were of a keepable size i put them all back to fight another day .With one of the cod though came two very nice and much larger mackie which with another two jockeys have come home to make me a nice meal .
JUST FOR FUN . Image0139
My mackie for tea .
JUST FOR FUN . Image0147
Along with some launce i had the added bonus of catching a small Grey gurnard aswell which rounded off a fun little session at the back of douglas head ,with that i had to call time in order to get back into harbour before the flap gate came up and get all my mackie filleted .
The little grey gurnard
JUST FOR FUN . Image0140

Jamie316.
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
FISH "N" CHIPS

FISH

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Was it that rough you could not take a decent picture or were you pissed up ,it would have been nice to see how big that mackie really was.

You are one serious angling nutter,why do you go out in conditions like that ?.

F "n" C
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:12 pm

The mackie was almost 40cms ,and it was a bit lumpy so was a little hard with the sun to tell if i got all the fish in pic ok

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Sponsored content

JUST FOR FUN . Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUST FOR FUN .   JUST FOR FUN . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JUST FOR FUN .

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Archives :: All The Old Stuff-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com