Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Empty
PostSubject: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:50 am

I have put together the following information for those boat anglers that do not partisipate in manxboatfishing comps with the thought that some boats do not have the confidence to or knowledge to travel to various places . We here at manxboat fishing want to encourage others to come and paticipate and not to think that these comps are for elitest anglers but are welcoming to all both small and larger boats alike .
If this section proves to be a sucess for those not in the "know " then i will endevour to make up lists for outings from all ports around the island . As most people i know personly only fish out of Douglas i have made this first list with that in mind .

Here is a list of wrecks,their coardinates and distances from douglas port which i hope through the summer months you will have good fishing :

BALLINA ,N.54.09.477 W.04.14.675.
8 n/miles out of douglas at a depth of 29mtrs ,lots of coalies to 5lb, ling and conger eels with calig ,pouting and ballan wrasse .

CARDEA ,N53.59.075 W.04.20.040.
10.3n/miles south of douglasat a depth of 54mtrs ,only sunk in 2001,pollock have been caught here to 7lb,cod and ling may now be present .

DAWN WATERS,N.54.06.905 ,W04.06.793.
12.7n/miles E/S/E of douglas,lots of fish but no great monsters ,calig and coalies from 3-6lb,ling and conger?.

FLORENCE ,N.53.54.997, W04.39.415.
15.4n/miles from douglas,calig and coaliesto 10lb,congers taken up to 30lb,ling to 15lb,lots of other species taken here aswel .

GRINDER,N53.53.657,W04.36.303.
16n/miles from douglas,calig and coalies from 4-7lb,ling and cod available .

JOSEPH HODKINS,N.54.19.407 W04.12.605.
14.2n/miles from douglas loads of calig and coalies,conger amongst the wreckto 20lb with ling also to 10lb ,lots of other fish visit the wreck during the summer months .

LADY LOUISA ,N.54.07.792, W04.22.462.
3.4n/miles out of douglas ,calig and coalies to 5lb + conger in the wreckage with other species abundant throughout the summer .

LIVERPOOL,N54.00.361,W04.33.403.
9n/miles from douglas ,best known for coalies but ling to 20lb and conger if you anchor for them are available aswel as a few suprises like cuckoo wrasse etc ,pouting are of course present .

PADDLE WHEEL,N.54.07.802,W.04.21.098.
4.1n/miles from douglas,everybodies fav place for mackeral in the summer with all sorts of species turning up from time to time .

PEVRIL,N.53.59.247,W04.10.753.
13.8n/miles S/E of douglas ,used to be good for cod but not the same now ,calig and coalies to 6lb,ling from 8-15lb,with a odd one over 20lb,plenty of other species to be caught.

This is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak of some of our great wreck fishing around our coastline ,i hope that this will encourage you all to get out to these wrecks and gain the confidence to come and participate in some of our comps ,please feel free to make any coments you wish as to the info given .

Just a bit of a bonus to all,this is the mark that you all have been waiting to get your hands on ,the LAXEY rough ground mark ,what say you now Gazz. N.54.06.002,W04.20.198.

Admin316.

Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Potsymoore

Potsymoore

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:50 am

Good advice admin. To anyone thinking of trying these wrecks please please please don't abuse admin's generosity by keeping shed loads of fish (should you be lucky enough to catch them). They are (can be) decent fishing spots at the moment but it wouldn't take much to decimate them. A couple of years ago the ballina was a decent wreck for calig but certain boats have hammered it and now I think most would agree it's crap!
Back to top Go down
sherolyn

sherolyn

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:50 am

its also good for a lucky cod in a comp
Back to top Go down
Potsymoore

Potsymoore

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:02 am

I'd forgotten about that. I take it all back, it's a wonderful wreck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:07 am

I don't think that a lot of boats from douglas would hammer these spots but it might encourage one or two to venture a little further out than the back of dougie head .

admin316.
Back to top Go down
fishemmo

fishemmo

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:42 am

think some of them might be a bit far out for me Boat
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:44 am

B*****Ks,who was it last year who wanted to take his own boat to fish the mersey over a 2 day trip along with a nother few nutters willing to go along with it jocolor

admin316.

We want to encourage other boat owners to come and take part not put them off .
Back to top Go down
3legsofman

3legsofman

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Some might be too far???? Shocked Which ones are them, Bristol Channel???
Back to top Go down
http://www.manninanglingclub.co.uk .
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:14 am

I have in fact a cunning plan for a 2day excursion to the east coast in mind for next year jocolor Calm Down just to get some marks off sherolyn 11 for a change.

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
sherolyn

sherolyn

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:22 am

good luck with that Head Banger
Back to top Go down
3legsofman

3legsofman

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:08 am

Has anyone had a real bash at congers from any of the wrecks? There has got to be 50+ conger sitting out there somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:12 am

I for one have never gone out to one with that specificlly in mind ,this may be the year what say you ,up for it ???

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
3legsofman

3legsofman

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:28 am

Am up for anything ( FISHING RELATED). Suppose the hardest park will be getting the anchor set in the right place.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:34 am

Yeah we may have to drop 2 off Kirsty 111,then again no its always me that has to pull the fucker up again ,we may have more trouble if we got an invite off merit though as they tend to trow the whole red stuff thing overboard ,rope included ,might just have to do it on the jet ski . ROFL! ROFL!

Jamie316.
Back to top Go down
3legsofman

3legsofman

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:41 am

Get them to drop the next one into the wreck and leave the buoy on this time, just turn up and tie up lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Potsymoore

Potsymoore

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:23 am

Lads, I think you may have just blown your chance of an invite aboard Merit Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:37 am

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked
Back to top Go down
fishemmo

fishemmo

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:03 am

have had some congers of the pevril but only small had one of the ballina have been told of some big ones on the liverpool but never caught one when we have fished it
Back to top Go down
3legsofman

3legsofman

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:03 am

41lb conger to beat the manx record!, got to be a challenge..But would just want to catch it, photo it and quickly release it!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:05 am

well theres a challenge for a £ if ever i heard one ,what say you micheal

j316. Question Question
Back to top Go down
fishemmo

fishemmo

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:26 am

it was caught in douglas bay by the green boy ! what did we catch out there jamie?
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:32 am

Fuc**king nothing ,sorry whiting and dogs if memerys right

j316.
Back to top Go down
defender90

defender90

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:02 pm

I am very new to this fantastic hobby of boat fishing and with that I am very nervous about going out on my own, I would like to be part of a group pf boats that takes a trip to one of these wrecks, dose that kind of get together ever happen?

Paul
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Yes it does when we were out the other week doing the Stella challenge we travelled to gether . when we do a comp if you are unsure ,stick to one of the boats out there ,they will not see you go far wrong and will in fact help you whenever they can until you get the hang of it and gain in confidence .Just keep your eye out on here for the next outing and come along .

You will find that all those that take part in these comps are a friendly bunch and the crack on the whole is terriffic ,hope that you will be able to make it to the next comp .

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .   TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIPS FOR SUMMER WRECK FISHING .

View previous topic View next topic Back to top