Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Empty
PostSubject: KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE .   KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 am

As this was an un planned event our stand in sponser did a stella job in keeping Kirsty 111 on top by the time came to see who had the largest edible fish of the day ,although it was not a monster it turned out to be a calig (Pollock ) of just over the 3lb mark.
At the start of the day it was decided that after a bit of bait fishing off the back of Douglas head to head out to a group of 5 wrecks which were approx 20miles off the coast of the Isle of Man towards liverpool .
Merit 1 bait fishing
KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Image0123-1
Having not been to these wrecks before it was felt that with the year still in its infancy the fishing might be poor ,we were not wrong ,the 1st did not produce anything although the 2nd did give yours truley a sizeable codling .
Admins cod
KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Image0124
The other wrecks were not very good either ,very poor infact so both boats decided to head back to a wreck a little nearer to douglas .Kirsty 111 had 3 ling here whilst Merit 1 did not fare so well having only small calig and pouting . Both boats then headed back to the douglas 7 mile mark where species were for Kirsy111 were quite easy to come by ,Skip emmery had a grey gurnard,Cam sayle was picking up whiting and poor cod , i meanwhile was doing my bit by bringing up red and tub gurnards . It was at this point that Merit 1 gave in and admmited defeat to Kirsty 111 and headed back to Douglas to give themselves some Stella comfort at once more coming up short of their usual high standard .
Once more Kirsty 111showing Merit 1 a clean pair of heels
KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Image0125
Kirsty 111 then headed towards a Laxey mark and tried to go insearch of more cod . At the 1st anchor point the star anchor failed to hold properly and it appeared that we had arrived at doggie central . we upped anchor and changed it to the plough anchor moved to a slightly different spot and down went various baits .It was not too long before cam got his 1st ever Starry smothhound and although no monster it was good for Cam .Not to be totally out done Skip Emmo Then got the tug tug of the 1st tope of the Saeson and although once more not a monster it just proves the arrival of our favorite monsters .
Cam's Starry
KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Image0130
Micheal's tope
KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Image0131
This brought our species count at the end of the day to 13, not bad as we were not really on a species hunt .Micheal managed to take a £1 off me for getting the largest of our 3 ling but it has to be said that Merit 1 still need to pay there £5 per head for the heaviest fish of the day comp . Baits on the day varied from baited feathers to scratchey rigs and even 2up 1down rigs with all manner of baits from filleted launce to lumps of mackie and crab and razor with the odd rag attatched ,the sea was calm and the weather was glorious although the wind started to pick up towards the end of the day .
Just a foot note to all this before we left port this morning i tied the land lines to the ladder on the Edward pier at the wrong level as we left at lowish water and the tide was just at high when we returned so i had to part submerge my self in the water to retreive the the land lines ,not that inportant but as skip emmo took photos of me getting the ropes back with a view to black mail in the future i thought that i would get it out into the open as soon as so to eliminate this event ,i do not know when he plans to put picture on here but no doubt he will at some stage .

jamie316
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
ManxAngler

ManxAngler

PostSubject: Re: KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE .   KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:36 am

I thought it was £5 per boat not per angler Moony

At least every one caught fish..................oh hang on a minute I think we may have had a blanker on board eh Gaz ? Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE .   KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 am

that's not a blanker ,it's a Stella w***er Drink to that

j316
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
fishemmo

fishemmo

PostSubject: Re: KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE .   KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:22 am

like i would use photos ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Woody
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Woody

PostSubject: Re: KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE .   KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:27 am

Calm Down
Back to top Go down
http://www.liverpoolseafishing.com .
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE .   KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KIRSTY 111 TAKE STELLA CHALLENGE .

View previous topic View next topic Back to top