HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
NEXT MANX BOAT FISHING COMPETITION WILL BE THE KELVIN'S TACKLE LURE ONLY COMPETITION, THE DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON
October 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
3legsofman

3legsofman

New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Empty
PostSubject: New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.   New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 am

Having not used an uptide rod for a few years, decided to get myself one for the newe season. Looking for something to match my new Penn Torque 100, a decent uptider seemed the likely replacement.
Would of liked to join the mincy blue club, with a quantum world champion uptide, but looks like emmo got the last one in the uk!! Scanned about forums reading up on reports about uptiders, come to a decision to go for a Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz uptide. Liked the sound of the lighter tip compared to the Normal 4-10oz uptiders.
Ordered one from Kelvins. Arrived a few days later and costing a pricey £185, I was looking forward to giving it a blast. Luckily the weather was flat last weekend and got a chance to try it out on the Haddock mark.
With the tide not running, fished a 6oz lead in 180-190ft of water. The tip showed up every bump and rattle over the bottom, and the distinctive crashing rattle of a Haddock , which I thought was a bigger one, but turned out to be joined with a Mackerel. The rod was a delight to use, showing up every bit of movement. The top third of the rod, bent over well with 3-4lb Callig at the end of the trip, but there is still lots of power to tame the Tope when they arrive! May Purchase the 4-10oz model for the the bigger leads and stronger tide days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.manninanglingclub.co.uk .
Woody
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Woody

PostSubject: Re: New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.   New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:53 pm

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART! Laughing

enjoy ur new toy cam Thumbs Up

cant go wrong with daiwa
Back to top Go down
http://www.liverpoolseafishing.com .
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.   New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:38 am

What are you trying to say about the "mincy blue club eh " you know it makes sense to fish with them as they are one of the best rods i have used ,it fished great at the last mannin event and as stood all the riggers of taking £'s off Micheal .

j316.

Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.   New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top