Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

BORROWED BOAT FISHING

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

BORROWED BOAT FISHING  Empty
PostSubject: BORROWED BOAT FISHING    BORROWED BOAT FISHING  Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 10:32 pm

Well with both mine and Michael Emery's boats out of service we were very kindly loaned Falusi II ( an Aquafish 23) off ex Marlin world champion Edwin Jones, so a special thank you to Edwin to start with.

The back of Douglas head only provided Launce in the search for bait so a rapid decision was made to move out to the Paddle Wheel mark to try for mackerel, again we had poor results here so after I caught the only 2, it was dependent on using Mackie caught the day before as main bait for larger species. It was a glorious day here in the Isle of Man so the anchor was deployed at the six mile mark and the species battle commenced.

Michael was 1st to catch with 3 whiting, which he then quickly brought up a small Grey Gurnard, followed by a very healthy Spur Dog which tested out his new lightweight rod, with the Spur making into double figures. This had Michael leading 3-0
at this point and then finally I got on the score sheet with Whiting followed by the only Tope of the day at about the 25lb mark which was caught on a large Launce. Michael increased his lead with Dogfish and a Red Gurnard to make it 5-3, and with the fishing as it was he was looking favourite to take the much prized Round £.

Not one for giving up I switched one of my rigs and vey quickly caught Dabs and Dogfish to draw level and so it was game on for the last 1/2 hour of fishing and who would be victorious at the finishing time of 16:30. A couple of small knocks came on my Gurnard rig and as I lent into it some thing heavier than a Gurnard was hanging on to it . Carefully I brought the rig to the surface to find a Bull Huss eating a Whiting that was hooked so I quickly tailed the Huss before it could let go and oh joy on the lower hook was a Red Gurnard, Michael was not too happy as it was now 7-5 in my favour , and that is how it stayed till the end and so Michael reluctantly had to part with another round £.

This was not the greatest species hunting day we have ever had but it was so good to be afloat and having some great craic, the total species actually caught from start to finish was 10 , but the launce and the Mackie did not count in the competition.

Thanks to Michael for another fun day out and once again to Edwin for loaning us both his boat.

Species caught were: DAB,WHITING,GREY &RED GURNARDS,DOGFISH,LAUNCE ,MACKEREL,TOPE, BULL HUSS and SPURDOG, here are a couple of pictures from the days fishing
Jamie
CEO@ MBF          

BORROWED BOAT FISHING  Dsc_0113

BORROWED BOAT FISHING  Dsc_0114

BORROWED BOAT FISHING  Dsc_0115
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .

BORROWED BOAT FISHING

View previous topic View next topic Back to top