Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020 Empty
PostSubject: SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020   SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 3:58 am

With the weather the best that we have had it for a few weeks, Sunday saw three boats who are regular competitors to Manx Boat Fishing Strike out to three different locations with varying results.

Trampie skippered by veteran john Madderell had Merit I skipper Lee Graham for company as they headed for Castletown Bay in search of Cod and Ling. Falusi II skippered by former Marlin World Champion Edwin Jones and his regular crew member Barry Dulson headed for another Southern mark just off Port St Mary in search of Conger and maybe a late Tope. Meanwhile Bones II skippered by me had Coastalriders  skipper Michael Emery onboard for another battle of the £. We headed east to a wreck that in the past in the winter time has given us some good fishing.

Bones II did not have a very good afternoon as the wreck fished very poorly giving up only 1 small coalfish, lots of pouting (small) and just off the wreck lots of even smaller Doggies and no matter what the baits or rigs used the fishing did not improve. Therefore the decision was made to make the 14 mile trip inland in search of some Callig (Pollack) for tea. The Callig were fished for on lures and Michael had 4 fish very quickly one of which looked as if it was going to take the pool of the day, however never one for giving up I managed to get a Callig in the dusk that Michael had to conceed and part with a round £. (Thanks Michael).

Trampie fished the Castletown bay marks and and gave John a real good Ling for his troubles which was their best fish of the day making into double figures in weight, Giving John a new P/B for a Ling.

Falusi II fishing off Port St Mary Saw a Tope strip at least 100 metres of line off Barry Dulson's reel before he could get to grips with it , Barry is well known for getting into  the big fish and did not disappoint his skipper again this time. Seeing Tope here at this time of year is not a common thing but the water temp is still good and there are still plenty of Mackerel around to feed these big boys.

All boats fished until it was dark and were all safely back in port before the Flapgate came up, here are a couple of photos of the best fish of the day and a couple with a glorious sunset

John Madderell with his nice Ling
SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020 12954610

Barry Dulson with his Tope
      SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020 12972311

Barry again
SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020 12981410

A nice sunset
SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020 13046210

A nice mixed bag of a day from 3 locations here on the Isle of Man, my thanks for the photos lads and thanks to Michael for his company today, lets hope that weather allows us all out again very soon.

Regards Jamie Hinchliffe
CEO @ MBF

Just a Foot Note to say that I will be in Douglas Yacht Club this Saturday night the 12th of  December at 19:00 if any wants to come and join me for a Christmas drink or two with a view to going along the quay, hope that you can make it
Jamie .
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .

SIX MEN IN 3 BOATS 06/12/2020

View previous topic View next topic Back to top