Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES  Empty
PostSubject: THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES    THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:18 am

VERY GOOD

MASSIVE THRESHER CAUGHT TODAY OFF THE NEEDLES!!!!

This just in from Graeme Pullen.

"Having set a new small dinghy British record of 16 blue sharks in one day last week off Falmouth, the sharking duo of Graeme Pullen and Wayne Comben have done it again. Just in tonight from an epic battle off St.Catherine's Lighthouse off the back of the Isle of Wight, the pair have shattered the British record for Thresher shark with a truly monster beast of between 450 and 550lbs. Almost the size of Wayne Comben's boat 'Taryn'. The shark was somewhere between 14 and 16 feet long, taking captor Wayne Comben TWO HOURS to bring alongside.
"This was a massive animal", said Graeme,who was running the boat, cameras and acted as wireman for the monster shark. "I thought I was going over the side at one stage as I made the mistake of taking three wraps of 800lb steel cable round my hand while trying to get underwater shots. Wayne was using 50lb tackle, and the initial take was like a blue marlin. It just hit the mackerel bait and took off for France. It almost spooled us, and I am hoping we got some amazing shots. The reel's drag was up on maximum almost all the fight, and it was no accident that we caught it as we set out deliberately to catch a Thresher. We were hoping for something in the 140lb range, but this record shark made the trip worthwhile".
The huge Thresher shark leapt clear of the water several times during the fight .The exclusive pictures will be released later, as they are going out at dawn tomorrow in another pioneering effort, this time to contact Britain's first 1000lb shark, this one being a giant Sixgill. With their current run of shark fishing luck, its a case of "watch this space".
Boat Fishing Monthly will again be one of the first to be notified.

Admin316 THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES  2232728206 
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Partime

Partime

PostSubject: Re: THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES    THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:39 am

Nothing to do with threshers but can't access it any other way !
Just back from a 3hr fun trip with the racing Jacksons a few macky but a couple of ling 8lb and 7lb also quite a few schooly cod & Calig
Back to top Go down
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES    THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:43 am

Hi john , glad you had a nice run out , sounds like you had a nice bit of fishing there well done to all that were out with you

Admin316 THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES  2232728206 
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES    THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THRESER OFF THE NEEDLES

View previous topic View next topic Back to top