Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

LARGEST CALIG COMP 09.08.11.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

LARGEST CALIG COMP 09.08.11. Empty
PostSubject: LARGEST CALIG COMP 09.08.11.   LARGEST CALIG COMP 09.08.11. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:25 am

This comp was brought forward by 24hrs due to the weather not going to be fit to fish wednesday night .Five boats and eleven anglers set out on what was a perfect evening,the sun was shining and the sea was flat calm .First agenda of the day was to catch the bait which was easily caught on our way to Castletown Bay,all boats stopped at this mark and then all boats were ready to do battle in the bay .

The fishing was not too easy as the run was not really running to fast but with 15 mins fish were being caught by all boats . I was once more out on Kirsty 111with skip Emmo and it was not long before i asked him to net a Pollack which was over 8Lb .He was not unduely worried at this as our own runnig £ battle for the night was for heaviest cod .Not too long later that is exactly what i got ,no monster ,but at least it was a sizeable cod .All i could hear then was the faint mumbling from ther other side of the boat with comments such as b*****D,and spawny T**T,etc etc which as almost become his catch word this year .

With the end of each drift came the move back to the start and this was an excuse by all boats to see how big a wake could be made to rock each of the other boats still on their drifts .During one of our next drifts came a real hard knock knock,good fish on ,i first thought that it was a very good pollack but soon found out that it was a very nice double figure Ling ,followed very quickly by a ling of over 6lb.Micheal kept plugging away but still could not catch a cod .

We decided to leave the Castletown mark in favour of a couple of old mark nearer to douglas that micheal had not fished for along time .On the way to these marks he admitted defeat and gave me our £ bet saying that where we were going there was no chance of catching a cod.How wrong could you be ,on my 2nd drop i was into a fish and it turned out to be a larger cod than the one i had caught in castletown , this completly turned the air blue with words not allowed on here ,made me laugh though .

We ended up spinning for pollack by the entrance of Douglas harbour waiting for the 10o'clock finish .The wiegh-in took plaice on the battery pier and here are the results .

1ST JAMIE HINCHLIFFE (KIRSTY 111) POLLACK 8LB.7.875 OZS.

JOINT } DAVE CHRISTIAN (CORRIE 'C') POLLACK 8LB.6.375 OZS.

SECOND } ALI McCLOUD (RELENTLESS) POLLACK 8LB.6.75 OZS.

4TH LEE GRAHAM (MERIT 1) POLLACK 7LB.7.625OZS.

THE WINNING FISH:

SORRY FOR THE QUALITY OF PICTURE

LARGEST CALIG COMP 09.08.11. Image0232

My ling wieghed in at 11lb.5.375ozs which is a new P/B for me .

LARGEST CALIG COMP 09.08.11. Image0233

Thanks to all who took part and see you at the next Mid -week comp which is to be held on wednesday 24th augustfishing 6pm til 10pm and is a Ling comp which will be an open area comp .

Admin316.
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .

LARGEST CALIG COMP 09.08.11.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top