Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
3legsofman

3legsofman

New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Empty
PostSubject: New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.   New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 am

Having not used an uptide rod for a few years, decided to get myself one for the newe season. Looking for something to match my new Penn Torque 100, a decent uptider seemed the likely replacement.
Would of liked to join the mincy blue club, with a quantum world champion uptide, but looks like emmo got the last one in the uk!! Scanned about forums reading up on reports about uptiders, come to a decision to go for a Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz uptide. Liked the sound of the lighter tip compared to the Normal 4-10oz uptiders.
Ordered one from Kelvins. Arrived a few days later and costing a pricey £185, I was looking forward to giving it a blast. Luckily the weather was flat last weekend and got a chance to try it out on the Haddock mark.
With the tide not running, fished a 6oz lead in 180-190ft of water. The tip showed up every bump and rattle over the bottom, and the distinctive crashing rattle of a Haddock , which I thought was a bigger one, but turned out to be joined with a Mackerel. The rod was a delight to use, showing up every bit of movement. The top third of the rod, bent over well with 3-4lb Callig at the end of the trip, but there is still lots of power to tame the Tope when they arrive! May Purchase the 4-10oz model for the the bigger leads and stronger tide days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.manninanglingclub.co.uk .
Woody
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Woody

PostSubject: Re: New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.   New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:53 pm

TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART! Laughing

enjoy ur new toy cam Thumbs Up

cant go wrong with daiwa
Back to top Go down
http://www.liverpoolseafishing.com .
Admin
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
ABSOLUTE TOTAL LEG-END
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.   New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:38 am

What are you trying to say about the "mincy blue club eh " you know it makes sense to fish with them as they are one of the best rods i have used ,it fished great at the last mannin event and as stood all the riggers of taking £'s off Micheal .

j316.
Back to top Go down
https://manxboatfishing.forumotion.com .
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.   New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Season, New Gear- Daiwa TDZ 2-8oz Uptide.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top